The elements of Christmas

I'm just tidying out my computer files a bit (there's a kitten asleep on me so I don't want to move from computer). I found all these scans that I used to build my Christmas cards from and I thought I'd share them before I delete them because they're pretty satisfying in their own right.
I always have a bit of a tussle when doing illustrative work - between communicating well enough and using really nice shapes. When I was making the Krampus card I didn't want to give the beast any arms because it made it that little bit fussier, Jack had to get firm with me: 'it needs arms so it's rucksack doesn't fall off Jo'. And he was right. Maybe that is why I need to make textiles as well as illustrate: to spoil the shape lover in me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello